ArchPup is very minimalistic Puppy Linux variant, built using Arch Linux packages, with pacman installed and configured as default package manager. The window manager is OpenBox.
Version 1204-2 (December 7, 2012 possible final update for 1204):
- udev upgraded to version 175, which should fix problems with loading firmware modules. (Thanks mavrothal for help with compiling and testing udev package for this release)
- Fixed SFS file association, and it's now possible to load SFS modules simply by clicking on them. For info see tested SFS files thread.
- Added packer so you can search and install packages from Arch User Repository (AUR).
- Geany upgraded to latest git-nightly.
- Added packages in arch-base (krb5, libtasn1, p11-kit) required by cups.
- New wallpaper...
Version 1204-1 (bugfix release):
- New graphical dialogs for creating savefile and changing wallpaper.
- Kernel is upgraded to version 3.6.8, and compiled with same config as in Puppy precise, except KMS that was disabled to prevent screen flicker during boot.
- Added pet2sfs script which converts all pet packages in current directory to SFS module. Second argument you pass will be name of created SFS file,e.g. pet2sfs games, will extract pet packages and create games.sfs.
- Support for loading 20 additional SFS modules.
- Pwireless2, wireless_tools, wpa_supplicant for connecting to wireless networks.