- acquire an optical disc drive with writing capability (it will have the logos RW and/or ReWritable on the drive tray)
- acquire a blank optical disc
- acquire the ISO file of the desired Puppy Linux, e.g. Fluppy, Puppy 5 or Puppy 5 (multi-lingual keyboard support)
- write (burn) the ISO file to optical disc
Writing (burn) the ISO file to optical disc within Puppy Linux
To use Burniso2cd go to: Menu > Multimedia > Burniso2cd
Writing (burn) the ISO file to optical disc within Windows
Use the free program BurnCDCC
When the optical disc has finished being written to, re-boot the computer with the optical disc remaining in the optical disc drive. When the computer starts up it should load Puppy; if it does not then you will need to follow the instructions in Appendices 1 to 4.
MD5sum. The file may have been corrupted during the download process so always verify its integrity. After verification you may then proceed to write (burn) the ISO file onto blank optical media.
It is essential to use high-quality blank media from manufacturers such as Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim.. Alternative software writers: Pburn and ImgBurn
- D.A.O. (Disk At Once) mode if available
- Write speed of 4