Puppy NOP ("Nearly Office Pup") is a version of the Puppy Linux operating system with several added features, put together by Puppy-enthusiast & aerospace engineer Gray. It uses the Xfce desktop environment and it is prepared for the addition of your choice of office productivity software: OpenOffice.org or goffice (AbiWord, Gnumeric, Inkscape Lite), in the form of a Puppy expansion file (.sfs file) you add yourself. It also has several things removed to preserve a small size. See this Forum thread about Puppy NOPfor more information. There is also an experimental version of NOP that includes the Compiz-Fusion window manager, called Wobbly NOP (see below).
See this forum thread about Puppy NOP 3.0x and the release announcement for 3.01 r6 for more details.
NOP 3.01 screenshots: default desktop & Opera; tweaked appearance, Thunar filemanager & Xfce Settings Manager
- Xfce Desktop Environment
- CUPS printing system
- Xsane scanner utility
- Opera internet suite (with Flash)
- HotPup drive mounting
- Seamonkey internet suite (use Opera instead)
- Abiword (use OpenOffice.org Writer instead)
- Gnumeric (use OpenOffice.org Calc instead)
- some duplicate calculators, music players etc.
- JWM window manager
tombh has successfully installed it in NOP. See this forum thread for a step-by-step howto and more info. Or see Wobbly NOP below
- Youtube video of Wobbly NOP experimental 1 in action
- Forum thread on Wobbly NOP experimental 2, for more info & to give feedback
- Tombh's Wobbly NOP/Compiz-Fusion web page
- Forum thread on Wobbly NOP experimental 1, for more info & feedback
Download Chinse NOP, add-ons, patches etc.