HomePage > Components and HowTos > FileTypes
Print a PDF in Quirky/Lupu/Slacko
Puppy 5.20 PDF printing error (semi-solved -- strange bug)
Can edit many aspects of a pdf document, including text and saves in PDF formats-
PDFedit 0.4.5 thread
PDFedit 0.4.4.1 thread
PDF program repository on dokupuppy
PDFedit help installing/compiling
Can re-arrange PDF documents by splitting, merging, cropping etc. For this purpose it is easier than PDFEdit. It saves in PDF format. PDFShuffler requires Python, see the following threads-
Pdfshuffler-0.5.0.pet package thread
pdfshuffler and python installation
See Inkscape page.
Can import PDF, see GIMP page.
OpenOffice.org with Sun PDF Import Extension
The PDF Import Extension allows you to import and modify PDF documents. Best results with 100% layout accuracy can be achieved with the “PDF/ODF hybrid file” format, which this extension also enables. A hybrid PDF/ODF file is a PDF file that contains an embedded ODF source file. Hybrid PDF/ODF files will be opened in OpenOffice.org as an ODF file without any layout changes. Users without this extension can open the PDF part of the hybrid file with their PDF viewer.
The PDF Import Extension also allows you to import and modify PDF documents for non hybrid PDF/ODF files. PDF documents are imported in Draw to preserve the layout and to allow basic editing. This is the perfect solution for changing dates, numbers or small portions of text with a minimum loss of formatting information for simple formatted documents.
* Text attributes like font family, font size, weight (bold, not bold), style (italic, not italic) are imported together with their respective text
* Retain font appearance, when a PDF file uses a font not installed on your system, the font is replaced with the best alternative font
* Converts images and vector graphics
* Each line in a paragraph is converted into one text object
* Import of password-protected PDF files
* Import shapes with default style
* Support for colors and bitmaps
* Backgrounds remain behind other elements
KDE PDF editor, not yet available for Puppy Okular homepage
See Foxit Page
How to edit a PDF?