XOpup is a Puppy linux 5.1.1 derivative that supports the One Laptop Per Child hardware.
It supports the XO-1 and the XO-1.5 laptops
XOpup was developed by mavrothal and 01micko
Mitch Bradley (OLPC) was instrumental in booting puppy on the XO
Paul J Fox (OLPC) was critical in debugging and modifying power management and keyboard function in XOpup.
Anna and Eddie Owens helped with the sound at the initial steps of the project, and ttuuxxx had many helpful comments and encouragement during the difficult start.
XOpup-2 XOpup-2.0 (XOpup-2.tar.gz md5sum:a9c883f1a50c427bceb37baeedc5c8c3) is a slimmed down version of XOpup-1.0 and now supports equally well the XO-1 and the XO-1.5
The main changes compared to XOpup-1.0 are:
- Addition of Openbox/fbpanel window manager that is screen rotation aware
- Screen, touchpad, Dpad and arrow-keys rotation
- New XO-1.5 chrome video driver that supports rotation
- XO camera support through the wxCam application
- New olpc-2.6.35-based kernels for both the XO-1 and the XO-1.5 (a new 2.6.31 kernel for the XO-1 is also provided)
- Jamesbond's new snapmergepuppy that dramatically decreases savefile and shutdown times
- Shinobar's new "sfs_load on the fly" for loading and unloading sfs without reboot.
- External monitor/projector, firewall and bluetooth support
- Improvements in the puppyfile detection and the shutdown process
- Better power management
- Updated XO-version-specific Quickpet and PPM repo data
- Updated Flash player
- Trio's you2pup-2. Very handy, particularly on the XO-1
- New XOpup-specific desktop backgrounds
- "xopup"-based instead of "lupu"-based SFS names
- Many more updates and under-the-hood changes. See the change log for the latest changes.
See the Build Announcement for features, instructions, issues etc
XOpup-1.0 is the first stable release of XOpup XOpup-1.tar.gz
Check out the XOpup-1 Build Announcement for prerequisites, features, info and known issues.